- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, chopped ½x½"
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti Cream Cheese)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- handful fresh spinach
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot, boil water and add lasagna noodles, let cook until noodles are soft but firm. You want to be able to handle them, without tearing.
Saute the onions and broccoli until the broccoli is soft and the onions are transparent. Add the garlic and let saute together for 2 minutes, continually stirring so as to not over cook the garlic.
In a food processor, combine tofu, cream cheese, salt and spinach. Mix until it turns into a smooth sauce. Pour a thin layer of marinara on the bottom of a 9x13" pan. In a separate container, mix the remaining marinara with your veggie mixture. Once noodles are done cooking, add 3 of them going long ways for each noodle layer.
Follow this layer pattern 3 times: lasagna noodles, tofu filling, spinach, marinara and veggie mixture. Put in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.